Friday, May 4

Art






Tonight i am taking Ezra to art store, to pick up some paints. I am going to work on painting tonight. I am working on my mandala series. this idea is taken from Mandala Sand 'sculpture's". I feel as i need a little structure to my art work, and painting is my meditation. thus i am hoping the shapes of traditional mandals will provide some strucure.





But i wanted to get my few reader's opinions on some art pieces, and i wanted to show or 'talk' about how they make me feel.


This peice makes me think of a woman binded insinde the perfection of a perfect body. I also feel that the torso reselmbles a data base, sorta scratched and metallic. the torso feel to me robotic, scratch. I am not so fond of coloring, but thats me.



This peice to me feels like the ocean. Beautiful but chaotic. it's very dreamy, and i see many figures, images inside the colr's of the paint, like a dragon, a greek god, mermaid, plants, fish, ocean life, a storm raging, a man coming into being...

what do you see?



1 comment:

GirlyWarrior said...

I see opposites in the two.
In the first I see sharp colors, colors I associate with anger and frustration. It is just the torso of a woman (a 'perfect' torso) which is the relatively "desired" portion of a womans body (to men). No head, no thoughts. It's violent to me.

The second I see just smooth movement. It is peaceful and calming. Soothing to the eye. With no real form (simple square) to be distracted by it's easier to view, less thought provoking, more emotion provoking.

The first one speaks to my head first, then my heart. The second one soothes my heart first, then goes to my head (ie: what is it that soothes me so?)

Can't wait to see your paintings. I too will be painting tonight.