Tuesday, May 15

I did it!

Yesterday I made my goal of walking 7. 2 miles. add to that i also biked an extra mile. I am very proud of myself for doing it. though in retrospect it wasn't the greatest idea to take Ezra with me. apparently, he would not keep his sunglasses or hat on, so the sun kept getting in his eyes. thus one pissed off baby. the 4th mile was the mile of hell-I do love my child to pieces, but children do get frustrating when you have invested a lot of time trying to make them happy- and nothing is working-(again i realized that maybe i should of taken the shorter path, eh, i don't always have the best judgement)
and the people on trail gave me this look, like why are you even trying to attempt this? or the shake of the head!

but i haft to say in my benefit, there were also several other mom's on the trail, walking their multiple children, so i am not the only ding bat in the world, and they also had screaming children. (mine was only screaming for a short while) I think people forget that children cry, and melt down-

so on mile 4, Ezra just wanted to be held, unfortunately i can only hold a 20 pound baby for so long. so we sat in the grass, and watch it turn. this is my attempt of poetry- we sat for a long while, watching the grass-

bright sun, blue eyed, soft skin baby boy
cries, screams and twists
sweat drips
from the breast of mother

hush, hush

goes the twists
of cornsilk, honeydew and soft yellow palm grass

hush hush

vast powder blue sky
floats lonely eggshell white cumulus clouds

as acid yellow light
shines fierily from the sun-

hush hush
the willow wind does say
hush hush

he did calm down when we hit the 5.3 mile mark, on our adventure we saw: horses, a wild rabbit, diffrent species of monarch butterflies, various types of birds (cardinal, blue jay, hawk, buzzard) and a deer- so it was an excellent nature hike.

well got to go back to work, i finally got my mp3 battery from home, so i am jammin away - makes the day much faster

No comments: