Thursday, August 23

quite night lots of thoughts-just daily life

Charles is at work, and I tend to get Ezra pie to sleep pretty easy when its just he and I. i think i am generally quieter. though when i want to get something done, like work on a painting, he wants to stay up. i think thats just how the world works.

I hate foreseeing things about people who are close to me. Like I foresee Charles burning at both ends in the near future. he has a lot on his plate right now, and doesn't know how to take a 'chill pill'. Hes back at school, and has to maintain a grade point average, to keep his smart grant, which pays for him to go to school. so thats a lot of pressure! hes also in calculus 2. which is like calculus 4 at the university he was attending before. so he feels like he is playing catch up, and freaking out. when i look at his book, I the college graduate go, uhh, scratch head, what is this? i am not a math person. I also read a part of his modern physics handout, and got it, thought it was interesting, till we got to multi variable equations, and went oh thats enough for me!
I dont know how to relive his stress, but to suggest that we put Ezra in daycare an extra day a week, so he could just do school work. but the problem is, that extra day is another cost- and well we almost didn't get our discount in the first place-sigh!

can we ever win financially? I don't want to be 'rich', just happy, comfortable. I am applying for a new job, more money sort of thing, the problem about making more money, is that it really wont make a difference. our discount for daycare will be cut, our co-pays will increase, i will look into buying our home...you know. i really do want our own home, but with a husband in school, the time isn't right- i also don't think i want to live in cincinnati much longer- the weather is driving me nuts! i need a change-

yeah a change from 102 degree temps- its been so hot, that the little boy has been sleeping in our bed room. the air in his room sucks, and he tends to awaken a lot if hes to hot, and a working mama needs her sleep!

1 comment:

GirlyWarrior said...

I get what you mean about the burning at both ends, after my first week I realized I had to cut back on classes. I also have decided to move in the summer out of state and so I will be transferring school and I don't want to take a bunch of shit that won't count anyways.
I hope he finds a happy medium.
As for the money, I am in a current freak out mode of 'am-I-going-to-live-my-life-in-a-constant-state-of-poverty?' and that's got me scared shitless right now. I don't want wealth, just to be comfortable.