Monday, May 26

My favorite place in the world




This is my favorite place in the world. The town in the mountain. Not the best picture by far, but our scanner is disconnected and I don't feel like pulling out my pictures from Nepal. Because I long to go back. It's my land of imagination, freedom, self discovery and bliss.

My everyday life is going. I have lost track of time, and I remind myself I need to ground myself again. When I am lost, like I am in this moment, I start to float. I take the days as they come, in turn i dismiss the practicalities of every day living. Meaning I procrastinate on what I should be getting done. But tomorrow is a new day, and I will make my calls, book my appointments, and get the shit done. I will turn into the super organized Carrie.

But today I feel rather lonely. I guess it's that I am so far a part from the American culture. I was invited to 'grill out', but decided to just sit. Gas is to high, and I don't fucking eat meat, or like the taste of beer. I am not going to hang my American flag. I am just going to sit. Organize pictures, and think of all the moments pass.
My family is scattered, I have a better relationship with my father then my mother.
My mother tends to bring guilt and sadness to my door. The story is a quilt, thick, cold, hot, damp. I love my mother, I relate to her being, but at the same time, there's a part of her that will never accept a part of me.
I will pass that thought- I have a huge extended family, but they are like weeds in a garden. I will pass on by them, not really remembering how I am related to them. It's so tangled like thistles on a rose bush. My mother's family, I have always been and always will be the black sheep. I am not in the materialistic life. I am scapegoat for them so they can hide away from their imperfections. I know there's a part of longing that my mother feels, I feel a longing too. To have a companion, a sister soul mate. But my own blood sister, is a stranger to me.
So my real family is small.

I accept the lonely condition, I don't like the drama that comes living in to close of relations.
I stray away from my in-laws. I do this because an ex's of mine, parents were more in love with me, then he was. I was the perfect catch in their eyes. So i am shy and distant, and keep my mouth clenched tight, when it comes to my sister in law. She tends to make choices that I don't understand. Choices I would never make, but her life is a different road then my own.
I always feel that they think I am bitchy in my distance. Shrugs


No comments: