Wednesday, June 3

poems in the morning and by day

I am going to try to write these blogs for a while in a poetic form
they will come as free verse and what is ever on my mind that morning-afternoon or night-

heroin addictions and empty mother arms
aching for the suns of sons
who will never to return home from
dancing
to deaths march

early morning bird song

time spills like empty rain drops
beating on cracked window panes
broken down shopping carts
metal jagged, glass oblique
suburban finely measured grass

go pick up that stick, boy you will see

the cats drinking up all the porriage
none will be left for baby and me
tobacco lies and there's a haze around my eyes

pollutants they say
plastic bottles, bits of big mac wrappers
stowed into the fire
that will never stop burning as the world keeps turning
----------------------------------------------------------------

even though its a failure of a decent poem, I dedicate it to a friend who's passed on and who's been in my mind lately...

No comments: