Friday, August 3

I hate feeling like a negative Nancy. But there are periods of time, where believe it or not I am not a bucket full of sunshine. Can you really put sunshine in a bucket?

As the days go on, I am considering seeing how much of a pain of ass it would be to go back to school to get my teaching license. I couldn’t do another four years, but I could do two. I would teach early elementary or government class. My only problem is that I am sure some of my students would have better grammar then I.

When I enter into political science, I thought my life would be much difference. It impossible to have a family and work on a campaign! Which is what I am trained to do, I miss, and a part of me wants to go back to. I don’t even care who I would work for that much…. (Granted on a moral front it would be better then what I do for a living now)
The problem is OHIO, is a forgotten state. I question about eight times a day, why I still live here.
(I know why)
But, even though were regimentally a very important state, because we have a significant electoral vote. No one cares the outcome of an OHIO primary.
Thus in the early days of a presidential campaign there are few visits to Ohio, but Idaho which has less votes in the electoral college but has an earlier primary has a lot of campaign jobs, right now.
The fundamental reason for primaries is that smaller states like New Hampshire would have a voice on who would become president. Thus they were bequeathed an earlier primary date.

Ok, enough with my two dollar words.

I think in the true sense of democracy that it would be fairer, but then I know by now democracy….

(a moment of self censoring going on)

Here’s an old classic song from my teenage years that sometimes just fits

I had visions, I was in them,I was looking into the mirror
To see a little bit clearer
The rottenness and evil in me
Fingertips have memories,
Mine can't forget the curves of your body
And when I feel a bit naughty
I run it up the flagpole and see who salutes
(But no one ever does)

I'm not sick, but I'm not well
and I'm so hot 'cause I'm in hell
Been around the world and found
That only stupid people are breeding
The cretins cloning and feeding
And I don't even own a TV
Put me in the hospital for nerves
And then they had to commit me
You told them all I was crazy
They cut off my legs now I'm an amputee, Goddamn you
I'm not sick, but I'm not well
And I'm so hot cause I'm in hell
I'm not sick, but I'm not well
And it's a sin to live so well

I wanna publish 'zines
And rage against machines
I wanna pierce my tongue
It doesn't hurt, it feels fine
The trivial sublime
I'd like to turn off time
And kill my mind
You kill my mind
Mind...Paranoia, paranoia
Everybody's comin' to get me
Just say you never met me
I'm runnin' underground with the moles
Diggin' in holes
Hear the voices in my head
I swear to God it sounds like they're snoring
But if you're bored then you're boringT
he agony and the irony, they're killing me, whoa!

I'm not sick, but I'm not well
And I'm so hot cause I'm in hell
I'm not sick, but I'm not well
And it's a sin to live this well

(One, two, three, fouR!)

Aww to be a early teenager again. If you know who sings that song, well then I give ya props…

1 comment:

GirlyWarrior said...

Of course I know who sings that song, in fact it's now stuck in my head!
I wish I could go back, everyone always says "I wouldn't change a thing" but if I could, I definitely would change some of the things I've done, choices I've made. *sigh*