Saturday, February 2

Accomplished

I got all my art stuff organized! All the paint is not skewed in a box, my brushed have a place to call there own. i found graphic pencils to do some sketching, and some other odd stuff that should of not been a paint box. like toe nail clippers, how they got there is a mystery to me.
I feel accomplished!
I also have another shelf in my closet, to put books on! the problem is what books aren't going to be read anytime soon, is the real problem. I have the problem of picking a book up, reading about five chapters, picking another book up.... I do finish books, but I always have a stack to go back too. My reading has gone down lately, but I think I might start sneaking a book into work with me, so I can read at lunch-

I am also proud to say, I am no longer collecting pez dispensers. Sadly a part of my collection was destroyed, by cat pee. Oh why they decided to pee right next to the box I held them in, is a mystery to me.

But I have decided to start collecting something else other then coins. yes i collect coins, I don't have a large collection, but I do have one. Can we call the geek squad now? The same one that should arrest me for blogging on a Saturday night?

My new thing I am going to collect, is- Are you ready boys and girls? Is vinyl records! I got my record player up and running again. My 1970 big wooden speakers are connected, and I noticed that my oh 20 or so records need some more friends. the good thing about records, is that I am not collecting them for value. I am collecting them for my own listening pleasures. Today I listen to Jesus Christ Super Star, and then the dark side of the moon. I love how they sound on my 'ancient' speakers, I love it. Even if it's slightly scratchy, and not a digtal mastered mp3, It's classic, and I have a classic soul. and its a cheep hobby, I mean I got 10 pretty good records for under five dollars, and it will be yard sale season soon! and then theres always the thrift store, whoo! and then record shops, yes there are like a whole two in cinni. but when i get away from the world, i like to go in, hit the bottom level, and find me some soul!

My other half, always has to have the newest thing. such as he got this video mp3 player about two weeks ago, he quotes its better then an IPod! its cool, but to me, give me a bin of dusty records, and some old coins, and ill be good-

No comments: