Thursday, May 15

Less

My news source is Npr. I can't handle Tv news, because I feel like throwing shoes at the fluff. Somehow the race between Obhama and Clinton is more important then reporting on the cyclone or earthquake in China.

Tears rushed through my eyes as I listened to a woman's story about trying to find her child in the wreckage of her apartment building. You could hear her screaming as they pulled out her son's lifeless body. Her child was two, not far in age from my child. I felt connected for a second, to this woman, miles way from me. But the story ended, and my every day life trailed on. My tears stopped, and I hugged my carefree son.

I am lucky to have that every day life. I am free in my life. Even though we do struggle economically, we have everything we need, and a way to get our needs. We live on very little, it could be worse. I am not fond of over material.

But my question is would I survive if our way of life suddenly ended? If there wasn't clean water to drink, a toilet to flush, a grocery to shop in? What would I do, would I perish in the aftermath?

Trust me I have spent my whole life thinking about this. I horde food, I also at one time got a itch, and had a whole set of camping equipment, including a back-pack. These items have fallen away, but I stop myself from re-buying them. But trust me I keep a good idea, on where to locate them.
I also stopped myself from purchasing a gun, I am not a fan of them. I have also realized that the bad guy has much bigger guns then I could own.

I have a plan, but need to remember to keep my car with enough gas, or know safe ways to get there. I also fully believe in insight.

Am i a bit crazy, on asking myself how I would survive?

No comments: