Sunday, June 22

Hometowns

Even though my home town is in driving distant it's rare that I take a visit.
My home town is a little college town, I grew up or transformed there.
This visit for me was strange, and reflective. Maybe it's the day we chose to go up there, or the overall mood I have been. But I am in a state of weird sadness. A place where I am trying to accept that I am getting older and my life has changed drastically in a fairly short time. A time span about four/five years.
In the last five years, my life has transformed three fold. It's not bad, but I realized I am in a new skin, an new place, with new promblems more complicated then ever before.
For me the good things about 'home' it was safe, you can walk at night alone with little fear, you can see the stars not covered by air and light pollution. It was okay to drop on by someone's house with out a phone call. You could keep yout doors unlocked. There were no gangs, a very low murder rate, and drugs were always on the hush hush.
The bad parts it was a college town, a high level of superficial people, women trying to be to thin, to fast, and conformity in the college level makes me want to puke.
If you grew up there, something separate you from the college folk (usually the amount in your bank account, or that you were moth down to earth, and a bit more liberal.
But I had good memories, with the bad.

It's funny how things move and change.

anyhow my cat got out, and went ape shit when i tried to get him in-

No comments: