Saturday, August 23

I live in Ohio and don't eat hamburgers

I am excited, but also nervous. Here I am standing on another chapter of my life. Where I have realize that current degree wasn't suited for me. Yes, put an anti-social butterfly with a family in the lime light of politicians and see how she swims. I don't swim very far. But Ironically for my part-time job, I might be knocking on a door near you. I can talk to strangers in five minute intervals, if the conversation is already trained on my end, I will not have a need for any small talk. The odd part of me likes to interrupt someones life and then I go, never to be seen again.

I am lonely, for adult time. I understand my few friends that I have are on different paths on the road. I don't fault them, I am have always been a loner in nature, but questing for community. Sadly there's this stupid little voice in my head who needs approval and for people to like me.

But face it I am a bit different. Normal social events make me want to tear my hair out. I don't like large masses of people. I can only really go out, if their some type of mental intoxication going on. I see the world through my own looking glass. I like to collect books, rocks and coins. In my loner state, I am oddly judgmental of the 'norms'-
people who drive mini-vans, that soccer mom, jc penny perfect smile, perfect life. or you know the people who hide that their bat shit insane.
but I live in Ohio and I don't eat hamburgers, and I don't even remember what beef, chicken or fish taste like. and i want a multi party political system and the poverty level to go up! not down with a recession.

On the mama front I introduced the almighty magma doodle into my household. Hours of fun. Finger painting is next, hopefully he will no longer try to eat the paint. An then a trip to Ikea to buy a big boy bed, and an little art set. I think two is the perfect time to train your child that mommy is going to paint for an hour, so are you. Except the attention span of a child is not that long- Though he can sit for Clifford.

Did I say how great getting rid of cable is! No more crappy commercials! Granted we have one of those digital boxes, but all we watch is pbs, and there is 8 channels of it.

I am a proud owner of a child who won't know who dora the explore is- for the most part, he does have grandparents.

1 comment:

Harmony said...

"I am a proud owner of a child who won't know who dora the explore is" You ROCK! You are the only other mother I know who's children don't know who Dora is. I get crazy looks from other mothers when I say, my girls don't konw who Dora is. PBS also ROCKS!