Saturday, January 31

the meaning

The meaning of it all. The great question often ponder, rarely answered. What does it all mean? what is the purpose of life? There's many ways to approach that question.
One of my childhood friends lost there mother a few days ago.
I have few people through out my life who I know I will always be cool with, even after years with out speaking. I will always have trust in my heart for them. Dora is one of those 'cool' people. She's not an every day friend, but someone I can always tell a joke to, or share a memory.
As I grow older I look back more at those happy simple times more and more. I miss those moments, how trees smelled, how air from a cave feels on the tip of your hands. How it was so wonderful to be free with nature with out a care in the world. No bills, no assignments, no worries, not adult responsibilities. Its the space where war, greed, hunger, famine, disasters do not exist. Where you have no weight on your back, and no one has agenda or is judging you.
As I get older that place unfortunately exists less and less. Not to say it's not there, it's just harder to realize I am in that space. Sometimes you have to be outside of it, to realize when your in it.
I am not making much sense now- so Ill leave it.
Here's Karen's Obit-
May you be well-


Obituaries

Karen R RUCKER
(May 22, 1961 - January 28, 2009)

Guest Book | Sign Guest Book




Karen R RUCKER


RUCKER, Karen, age 47 of Darrtown, Ohio, died January 28, 2009 in Hospice of Hamilton. Karen was born on May 22, 1961, in Marion, Ohio the daughter of Floyd and Barbara (Augustus) Patrick.

A devoted wife and mother, she is survived by her husband, Rodney Rucker; three children, Dora Hoffman, Justin Rucker and Mary Rucker; three sisters; a brother; and three grandchildren. She will be fondly remembered for her love of the sun, Indian Lake and her family.

Memorial services will be held Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 11am, in the Darrtown United Methodist Church, 4309 Walnut Street. The family will be receiving guests at their home, 4281 East Street, Darrtown, Ohio after the memorial service.

In lieu of flowers donations may be made in Karen’s honor, to the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network at http://www.pancan.org/donate . Zettler Funeral home, serving the family. Online register book available at www.zettlerfuneralhome.com

No comments: