Sunday, April 19

Sunday clothes

Because the weather is turning I pulled out my summer/spring clothes out of the dungeon of our storage- I looked though them identifying the various personalities I have had over the years, and discovered that I need to rid myself of many of the clothes that were once stables of my identity- They are simply just not me, half of them most likely don't even fit my body anymore- my hips have spread, my breasts never quite return to their perky smaller size- and gravity has started to seep-my stomach well, is extra skin and fat-
I am also pulling close to thirty, those tee-shirts I wore out are to young, to bold, to plain, not the right color- eck- Clothes where I was a different idenity-
I have clothes in that bin from my senior year of high school, clothes that I wore when I was oh seventy pounds heavier and about to bear fruit to a child, clothes that I bought when I felt bloated, emotional- clothes I bought to feel sexy and and attract men- clothes that state my political views that I wore while working on a 2004 election-
I go in cycles where I rid myself of a few items, no longer needing that shirt, those pair of pants- but I feel I totally need to well go shopping, but theres no money- i guess ill just peicing myself togeather this summer and doing a lot of laundry-

No comments: