Monday, November 26

Jesus

On Saturday night I ventured out to good old Hamilton Ohio, my hometown to go to a poetry reading with my friend. i was excited, a bunch of an artists' getting together to read things from their hearts. I thought I would get to connect to the outside world.
Wow was I wrong..
So very wrong.

In my life time I can count about twenty people who have tried to save me. I just don't think my soul needs a saving. I am not a fundamental thinker, I am still exploring self, and picking and choosing my creator. who is not male, who is not white, who's son was not jesus, who is more complicated then I could ever fathom. my mind throws religion in a big stew pot, and then comes up with a line of thought. I am still working on it, I am not without 'god' he is just not tied to a classic church, and might have multiple arms and hands and people working for 'it'

side not i think our language for god is way to simple, please give me some more words to work with

so sometimes i get a bit annoyed with folks who are preaching about how there way is the right way, and feel like they need to take care of my soul. i think i am doing a good job doing that myself..

so yeah the night was werid, and i made everyone there very uncomfortable by reading a free verse poem about iraq.
hey think outside of the box! is it that hard?

heres my free verse


Ignorance is not Innocence
Imagination is not Insanity

Imagine

Eleven Thirty, Sunday morning,

your a

coffee snob, early waking, non-church going, working slob
pushing a steel cart, down the lanes of Kroger, Meijer or Super Wally World
or what i like to call Fuck-Mart
and
Your trapped in the corner
between the geriatric section of
rotting flesh zombies who are picking out which brand of Depends they need to use
Who just can't help themselves from drooling over your child

who you just got to sit down, and not stand in the shopping cart
and not scream at the top of his lungs

and all you want to do is decided which type of bread you want
wheat, rye, white, super white, seven grain, cheep, mult-grain, one with organic flour, raisin swirl?

when

1-2-3-4

Innocence is not Imagination
Insanity is not Ignorance

all you can see and feel is

red pulse
fire
erupting through the columns
tiny fluorescent pieces of shiny glass
slapping against your eyes
you hear
seventy five curling screaming
taste bitter orange against your lips
mix with sour blood
while your hands, feet, chest collapse you ask...

where is my child?
where's my god damn child?


but thats not america
Fuck-Tart is not going to blow

thats Iraq, today, tomorrow, and yesterday

your just another civilian reported dead on NPR, along with the five innocent children, along with sixteen soldiers
caught
in a market,
roadside,
street,
bombing

in a land without walls, running water, electricity, hospitals, a stable identity, education or
laws

all i ask

is show me

innocence is not ignorance
insanity is not imagination

on cnn, fox, dateline, cbs, nbc local 12,5,7,9
the body bags, the mass graves, the children's faces, the number of soldiers dead, the three gun solutes
show me
daily life

awaken US, us mass medicated zombies spoon feed, thoughts, fluff and reality tv

awaken US with out twenty choices of bread, seventeen brands of mac and cheese, and cowboy boots and suvs

awaken us...

let us see what happens at prison camps, immigration heists, what the press is feed and paid
and who owns what

awaken us to where all the military spending goes, and
the real reason to death

let us question

why

my brother, sister, wife, friend, cousin, child, aunt mother, father, stranger, person,
or
"terrorist" and "insurgent"

had to DIE today?

awaken is

ignorance is innocence
innocence is ignorant
innocence is ignorance
imagination is insanity
insanity is imagination
insanity is not

No comments: